Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe
Serves about 4
- 2-3 large onions — one cup diced, others will be in large chunks
- 7 medium carrots — one cup diced .others will be in large chunks
- 2 pounds corned beef brisket, unspiced or spiced.
- one half cup malt vinegar
- one half cup Irish beer or other beer similar to Guinness
- about one and one half pounds small potatoes, scrubbed, the larger ones cut in large chunk
- 1 medium cabbage, cored & outside leaves removed, cut into big chunks
In a large oven, put the corned beef. Add one cup chopped onions & carrots each,& vinegar, beer, & all seasonings. Add a few water to the corned beef. Boil, cover, &simmer about 2 or 3 hours till meat is tender.
After 2 or 3 hours, add remaining onions, carrots, potatoes & cabbage to the cooked corned beef.( Keep cabbage leaves on top of the corned beef) Cover and simmer about 15 -25 minutes, until potatoes & cabbage tender.
It is now ready to serve, you may add flavoring if desired.